Gonzo’s Quest Slot Game Bonuses
- Max Coins Per Spin:
- Free Spins:
- Scatter symbol:
- Min Coins Per Spin:
- Autoplay Option:
- Wild Symbol:
- Bonus Game:
- $ 62,000.30
Gonzo’s Quest slot is a 5-reel online slot that takes players to a treasure hunting experience. It was developed by award-winning game provider NetEnt, and it was released in 2010. Besides, as we are writing this Gonzo’s Quest slot review, we heard through the grapevine that this game will be released as VR slot machine soon. With an RTP of 95.97%, players will find it challenging to land winning combos here—the slot has a high variance, but it does pay generously on top of the Avalanche feature.
In this Gonzo’s Quest slot review, we will find out how the game works, what players can expect from it, and what features or surprises are in store for all of us. More importantly, we will also learn how the payout is calculated for each payline you land.
Gonzo’s Quest Slots with free spins: No download & registrationshow all
More NetEnt Free Slot Games
Gonzo’s Quest Slot Overview of Features
Let us take a look at what the online pokie offers.
- Wild – if you play Gonzo’s Quest online, you will notice that the Wild symbol is a sculpture with a question mark. The symbol serves a replacement for all regular symbols. This symbol is a simple wild. It means it does not pay money, and it does not offer a multiplier if it was used to create a winning line. It is not sticky, and it does not stack up.
- Free Fall – when you play Gonzo’s Quest for fun or real money, you will find out that the free fall symbol is the sun god, which is the slot’s alternative to free play spins. It awards ten free spins if you land at least three of it on the grid. It is not called Scatter because it does not work that way. The free fall must land on adjacent reels, on a pay line, to trigger the free fall bonus.
- Avalanche – on every spin where there is a winning combo, the symbols that make up the winning combo will be paid. After that, all these symbols will disappear. The remaining symbols will drop down on top of the others, and the new spaces on top will get replacement symbols. Now, the grid has a new set of symbols. If there are new winning combos, you will be paid again at no extra cost to you.
- Multipliers – during the avalanche, the free online Gonzo’s Quest will activate the multiplier on top. The multipliers are between 1x and 5x. For every avalanche where there is a new winning combo, the slot will increase the multiplier, and that multiplier will be applied to your wins only for that avalanche, not the entire round.
These are the only features of the game whether you play for free or the paid version. There is no gamble feature and no jackpot round in the Gonzo’s Quest slot machine.
Gonzo’s Quest Online Slot Paytable
Both Paid and free Gonzo’s Quest slot have no low-value symbols. All the blocks you will spin here carry a Mayan god. All these faces look similar, and we usually know them as Tiki symbols. To describe them better, we named them after the colours used in each block.
Here are the symbols and their payouts:
|Symbols||5 of them||4 of them||3 of them|
*Multiplier is increased depending on the Avalanche in a game round.
All these values are expressed as multipliers, which will be applied to your bet size. They do not change regardless of your betting choices. We will teach you later on how to calculate the pays so you can decide what best strategy to use in the game.
How to Play Gonzo’s Quest Slot Machine
Follow the guide below to play the Gonzo’s Quest free slot game or real cash version
- Select how many coins you want to bet per line; use the bet level to do this.
- Determine the value of each coin—use the Coin Value to select how much you want to bet per coin. In this slot, you can set the coin values between 0.01 and 0.5 credits each.
- The final step is to click on the spin button.
- Once you click on the spin button, you can no longer stop the reels. Once they stop, the game will automatically credit your wins.
- At the bottom right of the grid, you will see a “coins” section. This tells you how many coins you have. The number of coins you have changed as you increase and decreases your bet. The smaller the coin size, the more coins you can “buy”.
- As always, the actual currency of each coin you win is the same as the value of each coin you wagered before you spun the reels.
Now let us let us learn how to calculate the wins. Below is a theoretical bet size:
- Level: 1
- Coin Size: 0.01 credit
- Total bet: 0.2 credits (because of twenty betways)
Let us say that you landed a winning combo of the Brown/Gold Mayan symbol, which pays 15 coins. In this case, you will only receive 15 coins since you wagered one coin per line. The 15 coins will be multiplied by the coin size.
Here is the calculation: 15 coins x 0.01 credit = 0.15 credits. Your final prize is 0.15 credits against your investment of 0.2 credits for that round.
Now, what if you wagered the same coin size for five bet levels and total bet of 1 credit? In the same scenario, you will be paid:
15 coins x 5 coins wagered x 0.01 credit = 0.75 credits.
How to Achieve Big Win in Gonzo’s Quest
To win, you have to land at least three same symbols on different reels. These reels must be adjacent to each other, and the symbol combo must start from the first reel. If you land three same symbols, but they are on the middle reels, or from reels 3 to 5, you will not win a prize.
Since all the lines are automatically activated, the best slot strategy to implement to improve your odds at Gonzo’s Quest game is to bet the smallest coin size, but bet five levels or five coins per line. With this strategy, your money can buy a lot of coins, but you are not spending so much per line.
Of course, you will not win hundreds or thousands with this strategy. Since you are betting small, the prizes are small. The goal is to give yourself a lot of chances to activate either the free fall or the wild symbols.
The free fall bonus is the key to winning in this game. With ten free play spins, you can win on the base game mode plus the avalanche—plus the multipliers—without any deduction from your balance.
If you think about it, the maximum amount of money you can bet for each round is 50 credits, which translates to 2.5 credits per line. The big win happens if you landed the symbol with the highest pay. You would get paid the biggest win of 2,500 coins, which is equal to 6,250 credit
However, landing that win is like winning the lottery. The odds of landing a chosen symbol is one over 8, or 12.50%. At five reels, the odds of landing the same symbol, one on each reel, is 0.0031%. In this calculation, we are only making assumptions that the casino game has one row.
But this one has five rows, plus there are paylines that require the symbols to land on specific spots. The truth of the matter is that the odds of landing five same symbols on a payline is close to zero.
This is why you are better off spinning the reels at the lowest bet with five coins. At this rate, you are only betting 1 credit per spin, with a chance to win 125 credits for the highest prize. Remember that you can win real rewards only if you play Gonzo’s Quest for real money.
Slot Machine Buttons and How to Use Them
Here is a tutorial on how to use the game buttons.
- Level – use this to change how many coins you want to wager per line; you can bet between one and five coins per line
- Auto – if you do not want to spin the reels per round, click on Autoplay and program the free online slot machine to spin on its own
- Max Bet – use this button to bet the highest amount of 5 coins per line, each coin costs 0.5 credits.
- Coin value – use this to change the value of each coin; this is the currency of each bet, and you can choose between 0.01 and 0.5 credits per coin.
- The small letter “I” on the bottom left of the grid is the menu button that shows you the paytable.
Slot’s Gameplay and Theme
The Gonzo Quest slots are based on popular and historical stories like the El Dorado treasures and the lost Mayan civilisation. The slot machine’s symbols are gods sculptured on stones.
The game is rendered in 3D, with Gonzo himself standing at the left side of the grid. If you like this slot game, we suggest that you try Fruit Shop slot and Mega Fortune Dreams from the same developer.
Slot’s Mobile Compatibility
All phone software platforms are compatible with the game, so it does not matter if you try to play on the iPhone, or if your operating system is on Android. The thing is, you have to be connected to the internet to be able to play it. The game has no downloadable version—you need to play both the real-cash game and the Gonzo’s Quest demo from the server.
For real cash games, you need to register at an online casino. Some casinos are easily accessible via browsers, but there are online gambling operators that require an app to be installed on your phone or a client-server for your desktop machine.
Return to Player Rate
The RTP of the game is 95.97%. What this means is that over a long period of time, a little more than 95% of all the bets wagered on the Gonzo’s Quest no download game will go back the players. This player does not have to be you—it can be anyone lucky enough to land winning combos that pay massive prizes.
Gonzo’s Quest Slot Review Summary
Overall, this is one of the best slot machines out there. Gonzo’s Quest by NetEnt is a highly popular game among punters. It has free spins and wilds, plus the avalanche feature makes it easier for players to win more than twice for an investment for one round. Play now and see if this game fits your gaming needs!
Here are some points to consider before playing the game.
- The slot has features that can help you win more money
- The slot has an acceptable RTP
- Easily accessible with any device
- The slot has a high variance—landing winning combo is difficult
- No jackpot rounds or bonuses