Mercy of the Gods Slot Game Bonuses
- Max Coins Per Spin:
- Free Spins:
- Scatter symbol:
- Min Coins Per Spin:
- Autoplay Option:
- Wild Symbol:
- Bonus Game:
Mercy of the Gods by NetEnt is a new addition to the game developer’s library of slot machines. It was released in May of 2019, and it offers all the basic expectations of players from a modern slot machine, like wilds, scatters, and free spins.
Here is an overview of the video slot.
Operating on a 5X3 grid, this one offers the player a total of 20 bet ways and several features not usually found on contemporary slot machines.
In this Mercy of the Gods slot review, we will be taking an in-depth look at the game components, the prizes, how to operate the machine, the buttons and how they work, plus some tips to help you manage your game style.
Best Online Casinos to Play for Real Money
|Skol Casino||up to $1300 + 250 Bonus Spins||Play Now|
|CasinoCasino||100% Bonus Up to $100 + Always 10% Cashback||Play Now||#AD New customers only, min deposit £20, wagering 40x, max bet £5 with bonus funds. Max bonus is 100% up to £100. No max cash out on deposit offers. Welcome bonus excluded for players depositing with Skrill or Neteller. Cashback is cash with no restriction. Full T&C’s apply.|
|Vulkan Vegas||Up to CA$/€/$1,000 + 125 Free Spins||Play Now||Only the first and the second deposit made within 7 days after the activation of the bonus are taken into account with the offer. Max bonus amount for the first deposit is €300; for the second starting from €15 —€400, for the second starting from €50 — €700. 30x wagering requirements for free spins and 40x for bonuses. The maximum bet allowed when playing with bonus money is of $/C$/€5.|
More NetEnt Free Slot Games
Mercy of the Gods Slot Overview of Features and Special Symbols
The free Mercy of the Gods slot has several features that get activated randomly while you are spinning the reels. These features are the ones you want to land, as they can multiply your winnings for the same amount of investment.
Free Spins and Re-Spins
The Mercy of the Gods video slot is packed with features which make the biggest wins closer. Here is what you can get if you land wild, scatter for bonus symbols.
- Gift of Life Re-Spin – sometimes, the wild that you landed will grow leaves around it. This is the Gift of Life symbol, and it will cause the reels to spin for free. On each spin, the wild will go down one level, and then finally disappear. Once all the wilds are gone, the Gift of Life re-spin will stop and then your prizes will be calculated.
- Gift of Double Wilds – this one only gets activated during the Gift of Life re-spins. If a wild appears behind another wild, the entire reel will expand and convert the wild into an ankh symbol. After the initial Gift of Life spins is over, you will get another round of Gift of Life re-spins.
- Free Spins – depending on the number of scatters, you can win between 5 and 12 free games. During the Mercy of the Gods free play spins, the bet that will be used is your last wager that triggered the three scatters. All spin here are free so you will not spend anything.
- Free Spins Gift of Life and Wild – if you land a wild when you play Mercy of the Gods free spins, the entire reel will expand, and the Gift of Life re-spins will get activated after all your free spins are used. You can only win 12 bonus spins if you land five scatter symbols, and five free play spins if you land only three scatter symbols.
- Gift of Wealth Jackpot – the bonus symbol is something that looks like a golden coin with a heart emblem. Landing three of them on the grid on one spin will activate the jackpot round. In this round, all the bonus symbols you were able to collect will be randomly placed on the reels.
The Mercy of the Gods slot machine will spin, and all bonus symbols will stay on their spots. Each coin or bonus symbol has a random value of 10x to 200x your bet level. Your goal is to fill a row of bonus symbols to win any of the jackpot prizes. Here are the bonus amounts:
- One row – mini-jackpot
- Two rows – major-jackpot
- Three rows – mega-jackpot
In the free Mercy of the Gods online slot, the sizes of the jackpot prizes vary from one online slot operator to another. It is not a progressive jackpot, but rather a fixed amount.
The High-Value Symbols
One great thing about Mercy of the Gods game is that there are only four high-value symbols and four low-value symbols. It makes it easier to land a winning combination, but the added feature symbols can also affect the odds.
The paytable is expressed in coins. These payout values are based on bet level 1, but they do not change in value even if you increase or decrease your bet level. The monetary amount of a payout you get depends on the coin value and the bet level. Below are the symbol values in coins:
If your total bet was 1.00 credit (per 20 lines) with a coin value 0,05 and you hit five pharaoh symbols, your win amount is (700×1)x0,05 = 35 credits, i.e. ( symbol value (in coins) X level) X coin value. If you place the same bet with the same coin value, but choose level 5, you wins will be (700×5)x0,05 = 175 credits.
A good slot strategy is to use small bets. In this game, the size of your wager does not disqualify you from winning the jackpot. However, the jackpot size will also be proportionate to your bet amount.
Small bets also means that you can bet for more spins, unlike wagering one big amount and losing it. The slot has the same odds no matter what the bet size is. The more spins you roll, the more chances you will have in activating the bonus rounds, and ultimately, the jackpot symbols.
The big win in Mercy of the Gods are usually triggered by the wild and scatter symbols.
- Wild – the wild symbol is a scarab which has a red orb on top. It substitutes for all symbols (except the scatter and the bonus symbols) to help create a winning pay line. It does not have a payout on its own, and it also does not award multipliers, but participates in “Gift” features.
- Scatter Symbol – the scatter symbol is the Eye of Ra. You must land this symbol three times anywhere on the grid on one spin to activate the free spins round. 3-4-5 scatters trigger 5-8-12 free spins respectively.
How to Play Mercy of the Gods Slot Machine
Here is a simple tutorial on how to play the slot machine:
- Click on the Coin Value found at the bottom right of the grid. Select how much your coin is going to be worth.
- Select how many coins you want to wager per line. Do this with the Level button on the bottom left. Click on the spin button found between the Max Bet and Auto Play buttons.
To win in Mercy of the Gods no download slot, you have to land three matching symbols on adjacent reels. They must be on separate reels, and the combination must start from the leftmost reel. There are only 20 kinds of possible combinations, and you can find these combinations on the slot game menu.
All wins will automatically be awarded, so you do not need to calculate your prize. Also, only the highest win will be awarded on a payline. What this means is if you have two combinations made on a pay line because of a wild symbol, only the highest value will be paid, not both.
|Scatter Symbol||Eye of Ra|
|Highest Payout||160,000 coins|
|Minimum/Maximum coin value||0.01 to 0.50 credits|
|Minimum/Maximum Bet||0,20/100 credits|
The Game Buttons and How to Use Them
There are only a few important buttons to understand to be able to play the game. Below is your guide:
- i – this buttons will show you the game rules and the paytable.
- Level – this is the button to use if you want to change the number of coins you want to bet per spin.
- Auto Play – if you do not want to spin manually on each round, use this button. You can choose to automatically spin the reels between 10 and 1,000 rounds or set stop limits in the advanced settings.
- Spin – this is the eye in the bottom middle of the reel. Click it to spin the reels once your bet is set.
- Max Bet – use this button if you want to bet the maximum amount so you will not toggle between the Coin Value and Level buttons.
- Coin Value – use this to select how much each coin is worth. You can choose between €0.01 and €0.50.
The Game Play and Experience
The game was designed in 2D, but the rendering is exquisite. Since it is based on ancient Egypt, the sound is also foreboding. In it, you are an archaeologist who found a mysterious tomb, and you are set to find treasures in that pyramid.
The theme revolves around Egyptian gods and burial customs so you will be spinning familiar symbols like Horus, the scarab, a pharaoh’s coffin, and the ankh.
If you like this game, you may also try other Egyptian-themed slots, like the following:
- Book of Ra Deluxe – a 5X3 slot created by Green Tube. It has only ten pay lines.
- A Night with Cleo – this one has 20 pay lines, and it is focused on the beauty of Cleopatra.
- Amun Ra – developed by Espresso Games, it has ten paylines, and it operates on a 5X3 grid.
Compatibility with Devices
The game is mobile compatible, which means you can access it on any mobile device like tablets and smartphones. It also does not depend on the operating system, so it will work on Android, iOS, Windows, and others.
The game will run on a browser, but this browser must be advanced enough to play HTML5 and Flash games. No download is required, as you just have to launch it from your browser.
The exception here is if you are playing with real money, as some online casinos will require you to download the casino app before you can access any of the games they offer.
RTP of the Slot Machine and How it Affects You
This slot machine’s RTP is 96.64%. What this means is that for every €100 wagered on the game, €96.64 go back to players. This does not mean that you will get this amount of money every time you play. It simply means that the slot machine was designed to distribute that amount to the lucky winner.
That distribution happens in the wins and the three types of jackpots. Essentially, the casino operator and NetEnt will only profit form the remaining balance from that RTP (house edge).
Advantages and Disadvantages of Playing Mercy of the Gods Casino Game
- Lots of features that can improve your winning odds.
- A free play re-spin feature that gets re-triggered.
- Too many symbols on the game that can affect its volatility; the game variance is high.
- The jackpot prizes are difficult to win as you have to complete one full row of the gold coins.
Summary of the Review
The slot is a great addition to NetEnt’s library as it introduces new ways to win. It is rare for slot creators to use the wild for re-spins, and even rarer to offer three types of jackpot. The game is best played by those who love to get value for their money in jackpots. The risks may be high, but the rewards are worth it.
Lastly, it is worth noting that this game is available to all types of players. Without download and no registration requirement, you can play it free on your desktop, laptop, or mobile device, regardless of your operating system.