Classic three reel slots have a single pay line as compared to the multiline slots that are available today. These can have pay lines that exceed 100. A pay line is a line that rewards an individual if a winning combination is achieved. A slot with many of these will make it possible for one to hit several winning combinations in just one spin.
In a majority of the slots, these lines are read from left to right. However, there are others that can be read from right to left or both directions. This significantly increases your winning chances. One aspect that significantly influences the number of win lines a machine has is the winning combinations, which in turn are influenced by the number of reels provided.
Types of Pay Lines
There are four important types of pay lines in slot machines. These are:
- Adjustable Pay Lines. These are the type that one can modify to suit their preference. Such slot machines come in handy when you have a restricted bankroll that you need to monitor for you to play as many times as you wish. For instance, if a gaming machine has 50 win lines and you want to adjust them you will only choose the number of lines that you want to engage, select the coin size you want to use then start the game. So if you pick 25 lines and pay 0.1 per line, you will bet $2.5 per spin.
- Fixed Pay Lines. Unlike adjustable slot machines, these are unadjustable. If the game has 100 win lines, you will have to bet on all of them for you to spin the reels. However, you have the option of selecting the coin size. Such games are a favorite of people who want to cash in massive amounts of money and have more significant bankrolls. Those who wish to extend their bankroll may have to play the adjustable lines as these give them various gaming options.
- 243 Win Possibilities. This is probably the most appreciated games of all the four that are available. The main reason for this is that you do not have to garner specific combinations for you to receive a payout. Any of the essential symbols appearing on the reels adjacent to one another automatically qualifies you for a payout.
- Win Both Ways Slots. The difference between this kind of game and others provided is the reading structure. The winning combinations can be read from left to right or vice versa. This offers several opportunities for gamblers to make cash. Sadly, not so many winning chances are given, and if they are you will have them in small quantities.
How to Play Multiline Slots
Whether you are playing on a fixed or adjustable machine, the principle is the same. First, you need to select the number of reels you will bet on. If the machine is a fixed one, this step won’t be available. The next thing you will do is to pick the coin size. This will determine how much money you spend per spin.
For instance, if your machine has 100 lines and you choose to play with a coin size of 0.5, the total bet per spin will be 50 dollars. You can reduce or increase your coin size to fit your budget. Finally, hit the start or spin button depending on what is provided, and wait for the results.
Alternatively, you can select the autoplay option. This, however, will require you to pay for a series of spins before you can play. At the end of the game, you have to cash out for you to receive the money you have won.
Multi-Line Winning Chances
Winning in these slots is not as complicated as most people would think. There are thousands of combinations that are produced once you spin the reels. These are the ones that make someone eligible for the wins. Vertical, horizontal, or diagonal lines run across the reels.
At times even V-shaped and zigzag ones take form on the screen. Any of the significant symbols falling in place on these lines will bring with them cash prizes. The best thing about multiline games is that it is difficult for one to make a spin and not attain something.
Comparing these to progressive slots, you may find yourself preferring the former to the latter. This is because you can barely walk home without having won something when you play multiline slots. Additionally, you do not have to play max bet on them, and you can adjust the number of pay lines you would wish to engage.
Progressive slots, on the other hand, may have a lucrative amount of money to be won, but the chances of winning this money are slim. Additionally, you have to play max bet for you to participate in these competitions, and you may lose all your money at the end of the game. Only one person can be the winner.
Multiline Slot Bonuses
Bonuses received when playing these games can be in the form of so many things. One can win cash, coins, extra spins, bonus rounds, re-spins as well as multipliers. All these have to be triggered by a series of events taking place on the screen. The significant symbols in the game are used to make the triggers happen. Some of the symbols you will find in such games include:
- Wilds – They can take different forms, but wilds are used for the same function. When playing, they can substitute all other symbols aside from the scatter for a winning combination to be complete.
- Scatters – Depending on the game regulations, two or more scatter symbols can trigger specific gaming incentives like free spins, re-spins, bonus rounds, and multipliers.
- Stacked Wilds – These are just the regular wild icons placed on top of each other. These can appear on particular reels or on all of them depending on how the game is programmed. They provide massive wins when they appear.
- Expanding Wilds – When this figure makes a show, it extends on the reel from top to bottom. This will create a winning combination that can garner huge wins for the lucky person.
Multiline Slots Stake Sizes
These machines can have a vast amount of stake sizes, especially if the machine has an adjustable feature. Gamblers can engage in bets that can suit their pocket’s ability. However, one is allowed to use a minimum of 10 pay lines. Each person can select their preferred coin size from those that are availed.
Nevertheless, if you intend on playing for the jackpot in the progressive slots, it is a must for you to bet the maximum wager set. This means that you will engage all the paylines and the highest coin size will be used. So if there are 50 lines and the topmost coin is sized at 5, each of your spins will be valued at 250 dollars each.
The most important aspect of selecting a progressive slot is the maximum wager. If you make calculations and you find out that the spins are costly, select a less expensive game. This is because in jackpot games you have to bet max all through. If your bankroll cannot support a high-end progressive slot, pick one that resonates with what you have. In essence, the stake sizes are usually determined by the gambler. This rule does not hold water when it comes to jackpot gaming though.
Multislots have gained popularity among online players because a person has the potential of winning something before the end of the game. This is unlike the single reel slots and progressive machines. However, these beloved sets are not as volatile as the other two, but they provide a fun experience for those who dare to play them. One thing that all betting fanatics should be wary of when playing online is the rogue betting sites. You may play a game that is genuine but fail to receive the cash you win. Also, you will discover that games in such places are rigged to work in favor of the casino, so you end up losing constantly.
Stake only in the web casinos that are licensed by recognized institutions. In addition to that, ensure that the site you play in has been verified by eCOGRA to be a safe and fair place to bet in.
What are the Multiline Slots?
Multiline casino titles are the casino titles that offer their players several lines to bet. Now the players can switch between many lines. They can activate the lines according to their own choice, and it increases their winning chances. The paylines can reach any number according to the choice of the game developer. You would mostly find titles with 5 or 20 paylines and games offering 243 different ways to win.
We’ve got some examples to make the concept clearer to you. We want to introduce some popular games of this type and talk about them in detail:
- Cleopatra. It is a video slot created by the IGT software platform. The theme is based on the famous beautiful queen Cleopatra who is still considered one of the most beautiful females ever lived on Earth’s face. The game has 20 paylines, and the players can activate any number of them.
- Gladiator. It is another multiline slot with 25 lines in total. It is developed by Playtech, which is another big name in the online slot producers. The theme is based on the Greek era’s great fighters who used to entertain people by fighting with each other.
- Super Hot 20. It is a video slot that is produced by the EGT Interactive platform and is full of colours. The game contains 20 paylines, but all of them are fixed, so you have to bet on them.
How Do Multiline Slot Games Work
Different kinds of multiline games work in different ways. The fruit machines, which have several paylines and are not fixed, let you choose which lines you want to activate. The number of lines you actively increase your chances of creating more winning combinations. Usually, the beginners start activating a few lines, but the experienced players prefer taking some risks.
Another type of multiline game with fixed paylines, which means that you have to bet on all of them, doesn’t give you such a particular choice. You can change the amount you are betting as there are different coin sizes.
Some titles give you 243 different ways to win, and they are all about the combination of symbols you can land. These are also included in the list of multiline slots. Whenever you spin the reels, you have hundreds of winning chances. Usually, there are five reels and a few symbols on the reels. The player has to place a bet before every spin. You don’t have to pick any number of lines to activate as you have to land more and more winning symbols from left to right.
Multiline Slots Paylines
You have to try a few titles to determine which ones suit you the most. Some games have five paylines. Some have 10. Some have 20, 25, and more. Now you also have to differentiate among different types of multiline fruit machines. You have the choice to activate a particular number of lines in some slots, while in the others, you have to bet on all of them because the games have fixed paylines. In addition to this, there are games with 243 different ways to win in which you don’t have to choose any paylines as the winnings are dependent upon symbols landing from left to right on the reels. So the paylines have different functionalities in different kinds of multiline slots.
- Multiline casino titles bring exciting features, which is why they are famous among young players these days. Many players have shifted from classic titles to multiline slots just because of these features. Let’s have a look at all of these features:
- Bonus Games & Rounds: The slots provide the players with a few bonus rounds in which the winnings are also multiplied according to various situations. Sometimes the bonus games have several rounds with different awards, which help players to win more.
- Wild: Most of the slots have a wild symbol, which can replace every other symbol in the game except the scatter one. This symbol has the highest value in a vast number of these slots.
- Scatter: The scatter symbol is the second-highest value symbol in a large number of slots. This symbol helps you win some free spins and increases your winnings if you land it on the reels multiple times.
- Magic Spin: The players get to enjoy the free spins from time to time, and a magic spin can bring you more significant amounts of winnings.
Types of Multiline Slots
There are three different types of games with multiple paylines, and we will try to explain each one of them.
- Fixed Paylines:
- These games have a fixed number of lines, and you have to bet on all of them.
- Non-Fixed Paylines
- These kinds require you to activate the number of lines you want to bet on, and there is no restriction on betting on all of them.
- 243 Different Ways to Win
- This kind of casino title gives you the freedom of winning in hundreds of ways if you can create a winning combination.
Paytables are essential for every player because you need to know different combinations and the winning amount you can gain by landing these combinations. The paytables also tell you about the winning amount you can get by landing different special symbols such as wild and scatter symbols. Each slot provides its paytable, and you can also see the paytable online on some websites. Even if you are an experienced player or a rookie, the best way to gamble is by collecting all the information you can about the slot before betting your money.
Single vs Multiline
It depends upon your choice which kind of game you like as you can win on the single line and multiline slots. Titles with multiple paylines give you an extra option to choose multiple numbers of lines to bet, which increases your winning chances. There are multiple similar features in both the single line and multiple line slots that include bonuses, jackpots, wild symbol, scatter symbol etc. The older generation mostly likes the single line titles because these are similar to the land-based classic slot machines. On the other hand, the younger lot is more attracted to multiline games because they have more options to play with. It is all about experiencing both of them and then decide which one is more suitable for you. We are supposed to be captivated by the multiline fruit machines because of the extra winning chances you can have while playing them.