Any casino player who’s visited some of the major cities in New Zealand and other small towns within the country will agree with me how hard it is to settle on a single casino to play, given the number of options that are there to choose from. Sure, it is usually difficult at first, but once you’ve done the initial trepidation, you’ll easily be able to pinpoint the best casino that fits your gaming preferences. The decisive process of choosing a gambling website that will suit your preference is somewhat different than the one you use to pick the brick and mortar one, and as such, we have a guide to choosing the best New Zealand Casinos. But before that let’s look at.
Gambling Laws in New Zealand – Is It Legal to Play Casino Games Online in NZ?
For years, even before the advent of the online casinos, people in New Zealand have been gambling and partaking in all activities related to gambling. While the gambling sector has always been under some very strict rules and regulations, gamblers in New Zealand can today indulge in different forms of betting as stipulated by the Department of Internal Affairs – the arm of the government that’s charged with the responsibility of regulating gambling within the country. Players can today bet on sports, lotteries, horse racing, pokies as well as enjoying the variety of casino games offered by the numerous websites located outside of New Zealand.
Best Games to Play on the NZ Gambling Websites
With that said, there are so many games that you can choose to play at any given time at a New Zealand Online Casino. In fact, there are literally thousands of games to choose from; games that are powered by some of the top software developers in the iGaming industry.
If you live outside of New Zealand, you’ll probably want to choose blackjack, roulette or slots as your most preferred game. It’s okay to choose them, but if you find yourself in New Zealand, you’d want to try out their Pokies.
Pokies is the local name for fruit machines or slot machine games as we popularly know them. Just like the Brits and Australians, the Kiwis have a long history with slot machine games and usually play them as a pass time. As such, most of the gamblers at the casino have grown with the pokies culture, forcing most of the sites to include these games to their websites.
Some of the popular pokies among the New Zealand bettors include Starburst, Gonzo’s Quest, Immortal Romance, Cleopatra, Kitty Glitter, Quick Hit among many other titles. In addition to the pokies, players in New Zealand also enjoy classic table and card games such as roulette and blackjack. The blackjack games are especially popular with the millennials, who seem to be breaking the pokies tradition and option to play this witty card game.
Banking Options – Depositing & Withdrawing
Just like the Brits have tens of banking options that enable them to deposit and withdraw their winnings in pounds, so do the Kiwis! Gambling sites serving the New Zealand players support the New Zealand dollar and give players options that have been tailored to help them move money to and from the casinos without losing a cent through the exchange.
There are internationally accepted payment methods such as Skrill and NetEnt, which are widely used in the country but there are POLi and Ukash,too which are tailored to suit the Kiwis. One advantage of these two methods is that the transactions are carried out fast, securely, and there are no fees charged to players.
Bonuses and Promotions – Are There Any Special Offers for NZ Players?
Of course, there are plenty of options for NZ customers! Just to encourage more and more players to sign up at the casinos, the companies behind the websites have plenty to offer to new and regular NZ players who choose their websites. Some of the notable bonus and promotional offers include the following:
- Welcome Bonus: Given once you sign up at the site. It’s usually given as a percentage of the first deposit you make at the site
- VIP Bonus: For those players who are accustomed to receiving VIP treatment wherever you go, you are in luck because the NZ casinos ensure you have been accorded with the VIP treatment you deserve by giving you the VIP bonus that comes in the form of cash rewards, gifts or luxurious trips.
- Deposit Bonus: This one comes in very many forms. A deposit bonus is normally given mostly after you start making a deposit after your initial first deposit.
How Do You Claim These Bonuses?
It’s simple, once you qualify for the bonus, the casino will notify you by sending you an email or contacting you through the live chat with all the details about the bonus money and how you can claim it. One feature though that we must mention, you need to meet the wagering requirement before the bonus money can be released into your account.
Best Websites with the Best Bonuses & Games
With all that said and done, it’s important we look at some of the best sites for New Zealand players. Remember at the start of this guide, we said NZ players could only access betting websites located outside of their country as the law requires them.
- Sloty – You’ll never come across an online casino that offers you €1500 + 300 free spins! Yes, 300 free spins to be used on Starburst, Aloha!, Gonzo’s Quest, and Red Riding Hood slots. The free spins expire 72 hours after activation, so ensure you use them ASAP!
- Play Ojo – Play Ojo is operated by Skill on Net Ltd, a company with a track record of running other reputable online casinos. As such, the company knows what players from different countries like and with that, they have different bonus offers including a no deposit bonus of 50 free spins plus other extras.
- Betat – In addition to their €500 deposit bonus, the casino also boasts of offering you some mind-blowing rewards. Be sure to use the 50 free spins set on Starburst before they expire though!