Ireland was introduced to the gambling industry in 2003 by the betting Act of 1931, and the first operating sites were active since 2004. There are no real regulations with regards to gambling and online gambling except for the casino need to be registered and licensed by any of the three major licensing entities available in Ireland. Up until August 2015, there was no tax charged on the winnings of gamblers. Ireland differs from most casinos, as they prefer betting on sports and horses or greyhound racing.
In 2015 the Act was revised, and online betting was legalised in Ireland. Land Casinos are only situated in the major cities; thus the online casinos have become most popular allowing players to play from their own homes. When playing in online Irish casinos, they put a lot of emphasis on playing responsible and information is freely available on all websites. Irish casinos have little restrictions as they welcome players from other countries.
Popular Games Available In Ireland Casinos
Online casinos in Ireland offer a huge variety of games you can choose from to beat the time. The all-time famous games are the online slots, ranging from the old classics like the fruity slots, 3D slots, progressive slots, animated slots and the video slots each with their own theme and bonuses. Video poker is also included in this category. Some of the popular slot machines will include games such as:
- Zeus collection;
- Super-Hot collection;
Further to the slots, you will also find the standard table games like blackjack and roulette including all the different poker options.
Ireland Online Casinos Deposits
Most of the online casinos in Ireland accept Euros and British Pounds as a currency for payment. In order to get the slots rolling, you will need to make a deposit by using one of the preferred methods of payment. The top Ireland casinos will normally offer a variety of the following methods:
- Neteller: Very popular amongst players. Also used for Bitcoin supported transfers. Payments are instant and most casino sites offer this service without any charge.
- Credit cards: Both these methods are still used on a regular basis. Visa and Mastercards payments are mostly free for depositing; however, some institutions might charge a fee for conversions
- Paysafecard: This card is a safe form of payment originally created in Austria; however, it is now a world known method of payment. You need to have a 16-digit pin number; alternatively, you can get some vouchers. This is an instant method of payment and normally no charge.
- Skrill: This is a worldwide-accepted method of payment and can be used in 200 countries and up to forty currencies. The minimum limit for most casinos is $10 or equivalent thereof.
- EcoPayz: Supported by most online casinos as a deposit method. Very convenient as it is instant, and no additional fees will be added./li>
- Bank transfers: Available in almost every country, however, this method of payment is not immediate and can be delayed up to 10 days. Banks also charge very high fees for international payments.
Euro Accepted Online Casinos
Below we have mentioned five of the most reputable Euro accepted casinos. They are also very popular in Ireland.
- Casumo Casino. Ranked the number one online casino in Ireland, this casino is known to be safe and licensed. Have a generous sign-up bonus and known for fast withdrawals.
- 888 Casino. They offer 175 different games you can choose from. Various deposit methods and known for their high limit and live dealer games.
- Play OJO. This casino offers up to 1000 free spins on slot machines, many frequent bonuses and promotions and they have no play through requirements on bonuses.
- Slotty Vegas. They offer exciting bonuses and free money for registration. Very high withdrawal limits. Cashouts are processed within 4 hours, and 25 free spins are allocated to starburst slots.
- BetAt. The BetAt casino offers a vast selection of deposit methods. They also have a personal manager assistant available 24/7. They are known for the lowest wagering requirements and very profitable welcome bonuses.
Betting on Euro in online casinos is easy and convenient, as it is known to be one of the major fiat currencies freely accepted. All of the online casinos mentioned above, offer Euro as a wagering currency.
The best online casinos boast with a variety of eight renowned software providers including games from Playtech, Microgaming, NetEnt, IGT, and PartyGaming. Their games are known internationally and can be regarded as the games with the best designs and graphics in the industry. Some online casinos offer special offers such as free spins on popular slots created by most of the mentioned providers.
Promotions and Bonuses
Casumo Casino is known for the exciting bonuses and promotions. As an Irish casino and one of Ireland’s favourites, the welcome bonus is a huge 200%. 200 Free spins and a €1200 bonus upon registration. First deposit bonus 100% up to €300 and 20 free spins. Massive jackpots are to be won.
Most of the gaming providers are now catering to include the mobile platform to their product offering. With all the mobile devices and operating systems available such as Apple, iOS, Android, iPad and mobile phones, they have now included the latest technology HTML5 to make their games compatible to any smartphone or device.
Options for Withdrawals
Once you have decided to withdraw your money, there are a few things you need to consider. Some will have put restrictions on the amount you can withdraw per day. The withdrawal limit per day can be as high as $20 000 per day. Irrespective of the currency you play in, withdrawals will always be conducted in euros for the mentioned casinos.
You do not have to use the same payment method as the one you made the deposit with as some of the supported deposit methods to not support withdrawals. The RTP ratio for casinos will determine how popular the particular casino is and if they are paying frequently. Most progressive slots are excluded from the withdrawal requirements as they have very high jackpots.