Presently, online gambling is legal in Croatia and in fact, gambling was allowed even before its communist independence in 1991. Even though it is legal, there are some super-strict tax policies put in place for online gambling operators by the Croatian government. These policies have led to the rather sluggish online gambling sector in Croatia as they discourage many online casino operators to set up shop in Croatia. But then again, there are plenty of offshore operators who accept players from Croatia as you will find out in today’s post.
Games Commonly Played in Croatian Online Casinos
Looking at Croatia as a whole, sports betting is the more popular form of betting for Croatians. However, with the growth of online gaming, a lot of attention has shifted to casino gaming. And so, some of the most popular casino games for Croatian players are:
- Slots: It isn’t really a surprise that slot machine games are quite popular in Croatia because they can be enjoyed by both rookies and experienced gamers. Keep reading to find out the best slots with plenty of options.
- Table Games: The table games mostly played in Croatian online casinos are roulette, baccarat and poker. And since players are always looking for more action, the live versions of the table and card games are also quite popular.
- Video Poker: Just like slots, video poker is also popular because of the gameplay’s simplicity. The variants of video poker enjoyed in most of their online casinos are Jacks or Better, All American Poker, Pyramid Double Casino Poker, Deuces Wild and Joker Wild.
Deposit Methods Available in Croatia Casinos
Players in Croatia have lots of banking methods through which they can make payments and withdraw their winnings. Here’s a quick summary of the most prominent by category.
- E-Wallets: The e-wallet merchants available in most Croatian Online Casinos are PayPal, Neteller, PaySafeCard, Skrill, Ukash, Neteller, and many more.
- Credit/Debit Cards: When it comes to credit and debit cards, the ones accepted in most online casinos in Croatia are Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, MasterCard, and AmEx.
- Cryptocurrency: The online casino industry may be evolving slowly, but there are online casinos in Croatia that are already accepting payments in cryptos like Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Bank Transfer: Most online casinos in Croatia also allow direct cash transfer to and from local banks. Even though transactions take longer, most high rollers use this means as it has the highest deposit and withdrawal limits.
The following are some of the popular software providers that have boosted the fun factor for the online gambling sector in Croatia.
If any of the above providers powers any of the casinos that you decide to sign up for, you won’t be disappointed by what is available in the lobby. While software developers like IGT, Microgaming, Aristocrat and Net Entertainment are known for having exceptional slots, table and card games plus video poker, Evolution Gaming offers some remarkably immersive live dealer hits.
Types of Bonuses Available
Online casinos in Croatia have the following types of bonuses for their players just like any other online casino sites from the rest of the world:
- Welcome Bonuses. As new players sign in to most Croatian online casinos, there are awarded welcome packages comprising free spins or gaming cash just after they have made their very first deposit.
- No Deposit Bonuses. Croatian players also receive no deposit bonuses which are awarded to them even without making any deposit. These kinds of bonuses are usually given prior to the welcome package to players who still don’t have the courage to spend their own cash.
- VIP and High Roller Bonuses. For Croatian players who wager large sums of cash, the house usually has High Roller bonuses in store. The benefits received from such rewards are typically larger than normal bonuses. The VIP rewards, on the other hand, are reserved for loyalists of a certain casino.
- Reload and Daily/Weekly/Monthly Bonuses. Gaming sites in Croatia also offer their members reload bonuses that they can claim after re-depositing cash. Apart from reloading deals, players are also offered recurrent bonuses on a weekly, monthly or daily basis which vary from one gaming site to another.
Most Croatian casino sites are accessible on mobile browsers thanks to responsive HTML5 sites and instant play flash games. Moreover, some have gone as far as developing exclusive mobile apps that can be used by their players to access the online casinos with great convenience. So, if you are the kind of player who likes to bet on the go, you can enjoy your favourite games from any location as long as you have internet access.
Online Casinos Found in Croatia
As we indicated earlier in today’s post, plenty of providers prefer not to run their operations from Croatia because of heavy government taxation. Thankfully, there are plenty of offshore sites that accept Croatian players. Some of the finest sites include:
- Mr Green Casino. Mr Green casino has a great deal of games that serve many Croatian players. It is preferred greatly by online Croatian gamblers because of the lucrative offers on both the sportsbook section and the casino client. In addition, it offers an award-winning mobile gaming experience for those who like to bet on the go.
- Bet365 casino. Another gaming site that is well-known for its extensive casino games including sports betting and availability in many different languages. Croatian Players enjoy it particularly because of the immersive live dealer client that comes with live HD video streaming services for placing bets in real time.
- Betsafe Casino. This casino is also a top choice for gamers in Croatia due to the fact that the gaming pool on board is well stacked. New members are given a warm welcome offer, and more player rewards keep coming as you continue playing.
Requirements for Making Withdrawals
The following are the general requirements that any Croatian player must meet in order to carry out withdrawals from any Croatian online casino.
- There are maximum and minimum limits sets for both deposits and withdrawal;
- Bonus earnings can’t be cashed out before meeting the wagering requirements;
- You have to use the same payment merchant that you used to deposit when cashing out to adhere to anti-money laundering regulations;
Best Slots for Croatian Gamers
If you are in Croatia and you would like to have a taste of the most popular slots, Gonzo’s Quest, Cleopatra, Queen of Hearts, Monopoly, DaVinci Diamonds, Kitty Glitter, Zeus and Gladiator are great choices to start with. They come with multipliers, scatters, wilds, bonus rounds and jackpot rewards!
From the look of things, the government of Croatia seems to be discouraging most international online casino providers from establishing themselves in the country due to high taxes charged. However, even with all that going on, online gambling continues to thrive because the Croatians still enjoy betting and plenty of offshore gaming sites accept the locals. Pick any of our top-rated sites above to get started.