The gambling laws in Australia are regulated by the “The Interactive Gambling Act,” and according to this law, online casinos are considered illegal. In other words, it is not possible to find an online casino based in Australia. Players who violate this ban are being charged to an AUD 220,000 fine. The only thing not banned in Australia is sports betting and lottery. Both of these are governed by the state and strictly controlled. In short, it is not possible to find a legal Australian online casino.
However, this law applies only within Australian borders. So if an online casino is located in another country, it is not subject to the law. Likewise, it can accept Australian players too. However, as we will point out below, the number of places accepting AU players is very few due to the limited payment options. Nonetheless, there are casinos where Australian gamblers can join and play games. In this article, we will tell you about them and give some tips that will be useful for AU players.
Popular Games at Australian Casinos
Free Aristocrat pokies is the most popular query of Australian players, so that’s why Aristocrat provides special offers with bonuses and free spins for their games.
The games at AU casinos are no different than the games in any online casino. No online casino determines its content according to the players. In general, as always, we can say that the most popular category is slot machines. In this category, video slot machines come first. Blackjack ranks first among card games. Video poker machines are at least as popular as slot games. For roulette, mostly European and French variants are preferred. You can see some popular examples in the slot machines category below:
||Jackpot + Free Spins
||250 Free Spins + Fixed Jackpot
|Deal or no Deal
||Mini-Game + Free Spins
||Progressive Jackpot + Free Spins
||Wild Jackpot + Multipliers
Deposit Methods for AU Players
Unfortunately, you cannot use banks to deposit money to casinos that accept AU players. Because online gambling is illegal, local banks do not transfer money to gambling sites. It is possible to deposit money using credit cards, but there are some problems in practice. Especially if you have a credit card issued by MasterCard, the transfer will probably not be completed. Although VISA credit cards generally do not cause any problems, the process takes too long to complete. In short, bank transfers and credit cards are not among the recommended deposit methods for AU players. However, you can seamlessly deposit money using these three payment methods:
- Electronic Wallets (PayPal, ECOPayz, Neteller, Skrill);
- Pre-paid Cards (AstroPay, Paysafe, ECO card);
- Electronic encrypted currencies (Bitcoin, altcoin);
Among these, the most advantageous are electronic currencies. Because there is no commission and the transaction time does not exceed a few seconds. For other methods, you have to wait an average of 24 hours and pay various fees. The rate of these commissions varies according to the method used. However, we can say that an average of between 4% and 5% is deducted from the transferred amount. For this reason, we recommend that Australian players should play in online casinos that support electronic currencies.
Online Casinos That Accept AUD
The fact that a casino accepts AU players does not mean that it supports AUD currency. However, playing with the local currency has many advantages: First of all, you don’t need to deal with the currency exchange rate, and you won’t suffer a financial loss for this reason. In the table below, you can see a list of casinos that accept AU players and support AUD:
||Bonuses & Promotions
||1.200 EURO Welcome Bonus
||200 EURO 1st Deposit Bonus
||Free Spins No Deposit Bonu
||100% match, up to 500 USD
||100% match, up to 500 EURO
Casino Software Providers in Australia
The number of Australian-based software providers is very few. Apart from Aristocrat Leisure and Star Entertainment Group, we can say that there isn’t a big local provider. However, both are preparing to leave the country due to the legal regulations mentioned above. At casinos that accept AU players, you can find games of IGT, Novomatic, World Match, WMS, Microgaming, NetEnt, and Playtech. Among them, it is possible to say that Microgaming offers the most number of games. IGT is known for its slot machines that are adapted from television shows. And most innovative slot machines can be found in the Netent collection.
AU Casino Bonuses
No online casino offers a special bonus to Australian players. However, AU players still can benefit from bonuses and promotions offered as standard. Some examples are:
- No Deposit Bonus: A bonus for signing up. The amount is between 10 and 20 AUD. You can benefit from this offer without having to deposit money.
- Deposit Bonus: Also known as a welcome bonus. This offer matches a certain percentage of the first deposit, for example, 100%. You earn as much bonus as you deposit. As an example, if you deposit 100 AUD, the casino will give you another AUD 100.
You need to complete a turnover requirement in order to be able to withdraw the profits you earn from these bonuses. For example, if you earned 200 AUD in an x30 turnover campaign, you must make a deposit of AUD 6,000 first to withdraw this amount. In addition, each bonus offer has an upper limit, and you cannot earn more than that.
Using your mobile devices, you can play at online casinos that support this feature. However, as mentioned above, online gambling is prohibited in Australia. For this reason, you cannot install the necessary mobile app from the official markets. Some casinos provide .apk files that you can download from external sources for Android-powered devices. Unfortunately for iOS users, there is no such option. iPhone and iPad users must use the mobile version of the casino site.
Withdrawal Methods for AU Players
The statements we make in the deposit section also apply to withdrawals. You cannot use bank transfers or credit cards, but you can withdraw money using electronic wallets, pre-paid cards, and electronic currencies. We recommend that you use Bitcoin or altcoin for withdrawal transactions as well.
Top-notch Online Australian Casinos
We will delve into a coterie of the best gambling platforms that are accessible from the various capitals, running the gamut from Outback, Darling Basin, Eastern, Northern, Southern and Western Australia, Sunraysia, Lake Eyre Basin, The Nullarbor, East Coast of Australia, and Murray Darling Basin.
- Bet365– Since 2001, it is a web-based betting suite offering full-service wagering for participants interested in sports betting, horse race gambling, casino games, and table games, among others.
- William Hill– With prompt cashouts, a jackpot of nearly $5 million up for grabs, plethora of convenient banking options, and is available in 20 different languages, it is evident why this platform is a preferred choice for players globally.
- Dunder– Since 2016, this casino exudes trendiness, as it boasts over 1000 games, all of which have compatibility with an array of Mobile devices. Additionally, these games come from the renowned software developers in the business such as NextGen, Bally, Microgaming, IGT, Netent, WMS, and Quickspin, to list a coterie.
- Ruby Fortune – Since 2003, this casino strives to remain at the top, as it offers an assortment of more than 700 games for players to pin down, an efficient customer support team that is always available 24/7, not to mention a Welcome Bonus of AU $750.
- Spin Palace – With nearly 1000 high-quality games, it has successfully managed to remain on the cutting edge of the latest technology, not to mention players receiving cashouts amounting to millions of Australian dollars on a daily basis.
There is a copiousness of attractive bonuses and promotions that these casinos provide, thereby keeping participants glued to their screens.
- No Deposit– These are rewards which web-based casinos use to greet their new members. It may also gift the most loyal participants. For example, Bet365 offers new members a No Deposit or registration promotion of up to $100.
- The Welcome Bonus– It is an offer that new customers receive once they sign up with a gaming site and put down their first deposit. For instance, when you become a member of William Hill, you receive a warm greeting of £300. Furthermore, for every £10 you wager, you win £30 more.
- Free Spins– It is an additional round whereby gamblers receive extra reel spins on the same bet. For example, Jackpot City (one of the top Australian Internet parlors) offers a substantial 250 Free Spins for playing the famous Avalon slot machine, if they make a second down payment of $50 and above.
An Array of Currencies. Besides the Australian dollar, these casinos accept a myriad of other currencies such as Euros, USD, and GBP, among others.
While players from a cornucopia of regions across the globe can access these casinos, there is a coterie of forbidden jurisdictions from which they cannot relish in the excitement, such as South Africa, Belgium, France, and Singapore.
Australian Slot Games
For a fact, at any Australian web-based gaming platform, the array of games is vast, with hundreds of themes to pin down, (from the top providers in the business) as outlined below.
- Gladiator – In this game, players prepare to battle their way to a feast of cash prizes and bonuses. For instance, taking down Commodus can award you with a substantial 5000 coins.
- Burning Hot– Players get to win four to five figure cash rewards for spinning their preferred fruits such as Grapes, Lemons, Watermelons, Oranges, and Cherries, to attain Lucky Sevens, and Stars or Four-Leafed Shamrocks.
- Aussie Rules – It does not get more Australian than this, as the slot comprises of five reels alongside fifteen adjustable pay lines, incredible graphics, free spins, unique offers such as the Goal Kick Bonus, and so much more.
Lastly, these slots are compatible with a broad range of Mobile devices such as Android and Apple, across a cornucopia of networks such as Telstra, Optus, and Vodafone, via 4G, 2G, 3G, and Wi-Fi, hence making it a tad convenient.
- Does Australia permit the betting and Internet casinos? – Yes, it is legal for web-based casinos to provide wagering services to Australian residents, which includes online sports betting, poker, and bingo rooms, to Australian residents.
- What currency can I use to play in AU casinos? – You can use EUR, GBP, and USD, although you will incur hefty currency conversion charges.
- How do I make deposits and withdrawals? – Firstly, you require registering an account, after which you pin down your preferred payment option. Secondly, all you have to do is follow the clear instructions on the web page and click on ‘confirm’ for either depositing or withdrawing.
Evidently, Australian web-based wagering is quite common, with various sites targeting the AU demographic. Thus, this has led to many incredible games and bonuses to which players have access.