Slot games are built around themes to make them more enticing to engage in by players. Over the years, slots based on ancient civilizations have earned the attention of players, with the Egyptian culture being right at the top. Even outside the world of gambling, Egyptian culture has been a fascination for people across the globe, which explains why casino investors would use it as the presentation of slot games.
Features of Egyptian Slots
These slots are produced by different developers and carry different appearances. However, some basic features are included within them that align them with ancient Egyptian culture. Some of these aspects include:
- Pyramids. The pyramids of Egypt are considered among the most magnificent human made creations to grace the face of the earth. They have come to be used as a defining symbol of Egypt; therefore, they have numerously been used to represent the rich culture of the place.
- Queen Cleopatra. When most people reference feminine beauty, they use Queen Cleopatra. Her fame came from being claimed to be the most beautiful woman to walk the face of the earth, seeing that she carried herself as the reincarnation of the Egyptian goddess Isis. Additionally, her reign marked the end of pharaoh rule in the country before it was established as part of the Roman Empire.
- River Nile. This river is the second longest river in the world and is the only river in Egypt. Therefore, it stands as an important landmark of the territory.
The bonus features included in Egyptian themed slots are quite similar to those seen in other slot games. Even though some slot developers have included special bonuses that are specific to their brand, some cut across all the slots that fall under this theme, and they include:
- Free Spins. These bonuses allow the gambler to spin the reels without placing any wager. They are provided by matching specific symbols or during a bonus game.
- Multipliers. Like the name suggests, these offers multiply the wager placed by the gambler by the number of times stated. For instance, if the payer triggers a ten times multiplier, a bet of ten pounds will be multiplied by ten to award the player one hundred pounds. In most cases, they are found within other bonuses such as free spins or bonus rounds. Even so, some slots feature them in the base game.
- Wilds. Wilds are represented by icons and are used to replace all other symbols on the reels except for the scatter icons. This bonus is offered in various styles such as stacked wilds, replicating wilds, expanding wilds, and walking wilds.
- Gamble feature. In this bonus, the player is presented with a playing card facing down and has to guess its color. Giving the correct answer doubles the winnings while giving the wrong one strips players of all their winnings.
Egyptian Themed Slot Developers
Egypt has stood as one of the most explored ancient themes in the history of gaming, which means that numerous online gaming software developers have been involved in the production of slots based on it. These range from some of the best software providers to those that are just venturing into the business. Some of these game companies include:
- International Game Technologies;
- Play’N Go;
- Net Entertainment;
- 1×2 Gaming;
- Williams Interactive;
- Rabcat Gaming;
The mentioned software companies have been termed as among the most prolific in most reviews, and that reputation can be testified for by some of the various awards they have bagged.
Players have thousands of Egyptian themed slot choices at their feet, ranging from those based on the famous River Nile, pyramids, to the kings and queens who reigned this magnificent region. However, there are a couple of them that have managed to snub the attention of millions of gamblers, which has left them at the top of numerous popularity lists. Some of these slots include:
- Queen of the Nile;
- Riches of Cleopatra;
- Rise of Ra;
- Book of Ra Deluxe;
- Crown of Egypt;
- Imperial Wars;
- The Mummy
- Throne of Egypt;
- Riches of Ra;
- Secrets of the Tomb;
- Treasure of Tombs;
- The Power of Ankh, etc.;
These slots feature various bonuses and promos depending on their developer. However, they all come with the fundamental aspects of Egyptian culture
Aside from the rich culture, Egypt is also well known for its possession of riches, seeing that it was among the richest countries during the reign of the pharaohs. Therefore, it would only make sense for slot developers to include some of the biggest jackpot prizes in this theme category. This theme carries jackpot slots such as Egyptian Gold, Pyramid Gold, Egypt Sky, Pharaoh King, and Egyptian Wilds.
Most Egyptian slot games can be found on mobile devices. This makes it easier to enjoy them while on the go and at the location of one’s choice. Additionally, the slots are presented in either download or no download options.