Where It Started
To bet in South Africa was illegal since 1673. Some changes were made when the Gambling Act of South African legalized horse racing. It was only after 1994 that betting on any other platform was accepted, however, each province is responsible for regulating their licenses.
How to Win at Slot Machines
If you want to know how to win you have a few concepts you need to understand. Firstly, the different types of slots you can expect with each their own selection of features. Let’s take a closer look.
- Classic, three and five reel slots are the norm in slot machines. The reels refer to the number of bars, and they are expanded by lines or rows that complete the slot layout. You will also find progressive slots linked to a greater network for the highest payout, also referred to as the jackpot.
- Each slot machine has their own amount of paylines, which refer to the number of winning combinations that you can get. On these paylines, you will be looking for wilds, scatters and multipliers to amplify your winnings. You can expect the number of paylines to be fixed, or flexible ranging between 10, 15, 20, 25, 50, and the highest is 243 ways of winning.
Players that enjoy animations, free spins, bonus rounds and entertainment will enjoy these online slots. You are able to keep yourself occupied for hours including having a good time.
Chances to Win in SA
In order to increase your winning opportunities, you need to choose a slot machine with a high payout ratio, normally from 94% to 98%. This will determine if the odds will be in favor of the player or the casino. In many instances you can expect many bonus rounds; it is a special round to enable you to increase your winnings or free spins also known as playing for free.
Available South African Bonuses
Most South African bonuses are payable in rand, and you can expect different types.
- Welcome bonus: When making your first-time minimum deposit you will qualify for this bonus.
- Match bonus: Your deposit amount will be matched between 50 – 100%, giving you free money.
- Free spins: Bonuses are normally also accompanied by free spins allowing you to play on slot machines without playing with your own money.
Bonus Symbols in South Africa
Bonus symbols are normally special characters that attract many bonus rounds. Some video slots and new 3D slots have many bonus symbols.
- Scatter symbols: This is a random symbol that pops up on the reels, normally on reels 2, 3, 4. They instantly increase your winnings as they bring forth a lot of bonus opportunities.
- Multipliers: These are symbols that multiply your winnings. Each symbol is allocated with a specific number of times your winnings will be multiplied.
- Joker: This is also known as the Wild symbol, as they substitute most characters except for the scatter symbols.
Minimal and Maximal Bets
So you are now more familiar with all the types of slots available in South Africa, the bonuses, history and symbols. Now, to get to the actual betting. You can bet a certain coin value which normally ranges from 0.01 – 0.1; then you can also choose the number of coins you want to bet on each line. Some slots have fixed paylines where this will be automatically chosen; however, you can still decide on the number of coins you can bet. Normally between 1 – 10 coins.
Maximum bet will automatically select the highest value and number of coins on all the paylines. You can also choose autoplay, where you can set the betting value for a number of spins.
All the mobile versions of the casinos are portable and compatible with your smartphone or tablet. You can find them on the application store of your phone or device normally called Google Play. Al providers known as the manufacturers of the games, create the games to be compatible with all platforms.
Do not get emotionally involved in slots and always remember to be responsible for betting online on slots. Practice to bet gradually instead of chasing the high jackpots, and you will be certain to enjoy the experience including winning some nice bonuses. Play South African slots today!