Slovakia, located in Europe, is one of the nations that are considered to have the most accommodating gambling laws. The country has embraced the practice since 1992 when it was declared a sovereign state. Slovaks are granted the freedom to access a wide range of games, most of which are accessed in the review below.
Since the Slovakia gambling market is open to exploration by numerous online gaming software developers, gaming choices are in no short supply. Some of the game providers Slovaks may run into include:
- Net Entertainment
- Pragmatic Play
- Rabcat Gaming
- Yggdrasil Gaming
- Blueprint Gaming
- Amatic Industries
- Euro Games technology
- Amaya Gaming, etc.
These online game developers have impressed millions of gamblers the world over with their provisions. They stand as the top dogs in the gambling business and have managed to stay at the top thanks to the high-end sets they have under their names. The games that they let Slovaks enjoy include:
- Slot games. Any country that has slots in its game provisions is assured that the category will stand as the most popular, which is the case in Slovakia. Slots are provided in the thousands in the nations with some of the popular titles being Girls with Guns, Cleopatra, Zeus, A Night With Cleo, Thunderstruck, Gonzo’s Quest, Game of Thrones, House of Fun, and Goldilocks among others.
- Live games. Live dealer games replicate the experience of being in a real-life casino from the comfort of one’s location. These provisions come with live dealers and croupiers, tables, cards, and chips that are streamed live to the gambler with the use of low latency cameras. This category concentrates on social games such as blackjack, baccarat, roulette, and poker in numerous variations. The live chat option that can be found in most allows the games and the dealer to converse like in a brick and mortar casino.
- Table games. Roulette, poker, blackjack, baccarat, craps, and red dog are some of the table games one is bound to run into in Slovakian casinos. They are provided in numerous versions that carry different options of play to make the process even more exciting.
- Sports Betting. This practice is especially popular seeing that Europe is big on football. However, Slovakian gamblers concentrate more horse racing since it has been in practice in the nation since the nineteenth century.
According to various research platforms, around eighty percent of the population in Slovakia has access to the wide web, while more than half of that accesses it using mobile devices. This aspect has acted as a huge driving force for the popularity of online gambling in the nation. Since numerous casinos have the freedom to operate in the region, the availability of gaming entities on mobile devices is no hard task.
Some of the popular operating systems in this European nation are Android, iOS, Linux, and Windows, all of which are made compatible with most casino software. Therefore, players have the freedom of playing at any location by whipping out their smartphone or tablet device and logging into a gaming site.
On these devices, casino games can be enjoyed for actual cash wins in the real money versions. However, those that feel they are not seasoned enough can try the free to play options. In these versions, real money stakes are replaced by fun credits that are offered by the casino.
However, only a few live dealer games come with the choice of playing for free. No download is required for nearly all the games that are provided, which means that one can engage their favorite set directly on the internet. Even so, some online game developers have provide download versions that do not always require web connectivity.
As much as the nation of Slovakia is open to the provision of gambling to their citizens, they lack a regulatory body. This shortcoming makes it easy for both regulated and unregulated bodies to operate within its borders. The country once proposed banning all unregulated online gaming entities, but efforts proved futile. Therefore, gamblers are advised to check if the casinos and software developers they are engaging with have received the necessary authority to provide gambling services. Some of the best regulatory bodies in the casino field include:
- The UK Gambling Commission
- Malta Gaming Authority
- Gibraltar Regulatory Authority
- Alderney Gaming Control Commission, etc.
These commissions have a reputation for ensuring that gamblers are provided with fair play, and the information they give to casinos is kept secure and out of the wrong hands. Most unregulated casinos lack the necessary security systems to lock out third parties, which could expose one to both financial and identity theft.
Slovakia is quite forward and accepting when it comes to the gambling practice. However, calls have been made to ensure the country comes up with a regulatory body to protect its citizens, something that is already underway.