The legislation touches on tax laws which stand at 35%, legal gambling, money laundering, and professional conduct amongst others. There are conditions to be met to allow entry in most casinos includes:
- The minimum age for natives is 21 and 18 for foreigners.
- The dress code is a bit relaxed except flip-flops, shorts, and sleeveless shirts.
- The identification used is Hong Kong passports or Macau ID only.
Online Casino Games Offered in Macau
Some of the most popular games include:
- 5 dragon slots
- Lucky 88
- Moon festival
- Fu Dao
- Fortune King
- Deal or No Deal
- Wheel of fortune
- Video poker and MGM slots
First-time gamblers have an option of playing the free online slots where there is no download or registration. It`s actually recommendable for one to pass through this stage to acquire enough confidence to battle it out at playing casino games.
With the number of foreign gamers trooping to Macau soaring each year, casinos have added more payment options for easy deposit and withdrawal. Credit cards and prepaid credit are accepted among them:
- Visa-With this being the most common form of payment. Universally accepted at all online casinos.
- Master card -Simple quick and secure way of depositing funds in your account.
- Entropy -You can fund it using several debit and credit cards.
- Paysafe -Cards can be quickly topped by high street retailers.
- Amex -One of the most trusted cards with increased limits.
Then there are the Bank transfers and Ewallets such as Skrill, PayPal, Neteller, Ecocard, ecoPayz, myCitadel and Pay by phone. With such high competition for maintaining cash flow, the Casinos offer incentives ranging from increased limits, minimum or no withdrawal fees, bonuses on deposits and the likes.
Casinos That Deal with the Macau Pataca
With most gamblers touring from other regions/countries, it’s common for foreign currency to become available in the market. The Macau Pataca or MOP is prevalently used outside the casinos rather than inside. Most casinos prefer using the Hong Kong dollar also called the HKD. The exchange rate between the HKD: MOP is 1:1.3, hence the reason for widespread acceptance of the HKD in casinos.
There are few casinos which deal in the Pataca and are mostly located in the Taipa islands, where the casinos are rather modest and less opulent, as compared to those in Macau peninsula. In terms of using the MOP to the HKD, it’s not recommendable at all. An example, if a player wins 100 MOP in the ‘downtown’ casinos, for him to exchange into HKD, he will lose 30 MOP for every 100 HKD got. It’s a small amount but further conversion into dollars and Euros, and you subsequently lose a larger amount.
Furthermore, the MOP is only useful in Macau. In China and Hong Kong, the MOP is not accepted as currency, thus why most casinos prefer HKD.
1.Casumo Online Casino
With a wide selection of games from NetEnt, Microgaming and other leading gambling software developers one is spoilt for choice. The interface is rated at 85% with one very friendly customer support. The variety is vast from table games, slot machine games, and live dealer games. Some of the games include Jack hammer slot, Gold rush slot, Texas Hold’em, Baccarat and many other hundreds.
- It’s certified as safe and secure.
- It has flexible deposit options and cash transfers with humongous limits.
- It has a 72 hour processing time on withdrawals.
Microgaming and NetEnt developers supply the online games. It has a myriad of games and uniquely no withdrawal limits. Games offered range from video poker, table games, and video machine slots.It has one of the shortest withdrawal periods, of 4hrs max from either E-wallets or bank transfers.
Online Casino Software Designers and Slot Developers
Most online casino games are designed by renowned companies such as:
- Aristocrat -A software and hardware developer from Australia dealing with a vast number of online casino games and slot machines including, Zorro, Where is the Gold and fan favorite 50 lions.
- IGT -It’s home base is in California, USA. They offer 3D games, live dealer gambling. It offers online slot games like Trek, World Cup slots, X-factor and the very popular wheels of fortune.
- Microgaming -The most dominant force in the market with a presence in 7 continents, hundreds of games and millions of customers.
- NetEnt -An industrial pioneer hence has earned much trust from seasoned gamblers. All games require no downloads necessary. They have 50 plus slot games and 5 video poker games. One of the best user interface and relatively easy accessibility whether on the go or at rest.
Bonuses and Rewards
In most casinos, they attract potentials by offering freebies, and in Macau casinos, it’s no different. Online casinos such as Gaming club, Spin Palace, Ruby fortune and Jackpot City are known to offer bonuses of up to $1200, 50 plus a free spin on selected slot machine games, and high multipliers on the first $500 deposit. Other casinos in Macau particularly Taipa island offer modest bonuses of $100, 15 free spins on slot machines, and 10* multiplier on the first $200 deposit.
Casino on the Go
Mobile developments have made it possible to access literally every game on offer. Most online casino games from mobile developers such as Microgaming, IGT, and NetEnt are very user-friendly and accessible virtually anywhere as long as there is network coverage, wifi or mobile data bundles. They are compatible with android, windows, and iPhone operating systems be it phones, Ipads, laptops or desktops.
Withdrawal of Funds
Slot machine games have relatively few withdrawal limits; the real issue lies in fees charged to withdraw via an ATM and withdrawal period, some charge a high of 2-4% of the withdrawal amount. In most casinos in Macau players prefer using ATM’s just as in other casinos. The withdrawal period varies with different casinos, whereby, some may take 72hrs max, and in others 4hrs max, roughly, it ranges between 5-8hrs.
When playing video poker, the player needs to check on the Return to Player percentage. Since the house always protects itself, most machines have pathetic RTP’s. The thing to do is choose the table on which to play by considering the payout percentage. Most casinos have different payout percentages.
The best payout percentage should clock above 98.45% to ensure you don’t blow your money fast in case you lose and still get worthy winnings when you win. Here, look for the full house and flush multiplier value, and they will give you an insight of the payout percentages.
The best ratio of a full house to flush is 9/6 respectively also called the full pay which has a payout of 99.9% such that, when playing with a perfect strategy for every 100 dollars wagered you expect to lose $1 in the long run. The other two are 8/6 and 9/5 since they rank above 98.38% which is not so good, but considering other pay-outs offered, they rank among the top three.
Most casinos place huge multipliers on the royal flush and thus hypnotize the gambler that the table has a good payout. The most important thing to look out for is the full house and flush value.
Macau is truly a gamblers paradise. The 30 plus casinos with hotels, rooms, scintillating oceanic views and live casino entertainment in the area offer ample reprieve off life pressures, and a chance to ‘make’ or ‘break’ it in life. The amount of investment pumped into the gambling industry is testament enough to the returns eyed by the organizations.
Since the entry of American gambling firms, the revenue trend has risen sharply and will do so for a few more years. Analysts predict the goose will come to roost in decades to come. Any gambler worth his salt should make a trip once in his lifetime.