England is one of the most popular countries in the world of sports, and as a result, it’s not a surprise, that it has some of the most reputable sites across the globe. In today’s publication, you’ll get to know more about gambling in England as a whole. We’ll also cover the most inquired subjects such as the most common payment options plus the popular software providers on English betting sites.
Thankfully, it is legal to gamble in the UK and the minimum age required is 18 years old. The UK Gambling Commission licenses and regulates gambling portals across England. In other countries, like the USA, gambling is largely a grey area, and it is legal to do it in some states while in others it’s against the law. Additionally, unlike in the UK, the minimum age in other regions could be 21 years.
Games to Play at Online English Casinos
Some of the most popular games that you can play at online casinos in England are slots, table and card games like Blackjack, Roulette, Craps, and Sic Bo. Additionally, you can also play other arcade games such as Video Poker, Scratch Cards, and Lotteries. Nonetheless, just like in the rest of the world, slot machines have always been the main draw in casinos in the UK. Top online slots machines include:
- Gonzo’s Quest;
- Guns and roses slot machine;
- Game of thrones;
- Wild Toro;
- Motorhead slot machine;
- Dead or alive;
- Hot as hades;
Payments Methods in England Casinos
Betting sites in the UK offer numerous deposit options that are both fast and efficient to give all players an easy time while gaming online. Some of the most popular methods include:
- Visa – this is the most widespread way of depositing into a betting account, and immediately after submitting your card details, it is fast and easy conducting consistent transactions. There are no charges for using this method, and it will take 48-72 hours to cash out via it.
- MasterCard –another simple way of funding any betting account, and it takes only seconds presenting your details. Most MasterCard options have a limit enforced by the operator, so it’s vital to ensure you have adequate funds or else, you may miss out on a possible winning bet! You should also know that in some casinos in the UK, you may not be allowed to cash out via MasterCard even though you can use it for making deposits. In such a scenario, the funds will be transferred to your bank account.
- Skrill – Skrill, formerly Moneybookers, is one of the most effective digital wallets for online betting. An increasing number of UK betting sites accept this payment option. Apart from having no charges, deposits and withdrawals are often super-fast with this option. The minimum amount of money that you can load and cash out is usually set at £10.
- PayPal – as a wallet, loading and cashing out with is fast and simple but you may face a 1% commission for carrying out transactions with it. Virtually all gambling websites in the United Kingdom have PayPal as an option and player earnings are typically processed in just a matter of hours. Some betting sites require a minimum deposit when using this method.
All the above methods accept the Sterling Pound, and you can find them on some of the most preferred sites including:
- Slotty Vegas
- Casumo Casino
- 888 Casino
- BetAt Casino
- Play Ojo
Popular Software Providers in England
When it comes to software, the best games at British Casino are developed by the following providers:
- Novomatic: A Europe’s largest and most ingenious software developer. Thanks to their exceptional creations, you can enjoy both free to play and real money games.
- IGT: IGT is the world’s largest slot machine manufacturer and land-based casino provider. It is popular for its wide range of exceptionally intuitive slots that come packed with crystal velar 3D graphics.
- WMS: They are also one of the greatest casino game developers that were initially renowned for video and pin ball games before switching to online casinos.
- Aristocrat: Aristocrat remains an industry leader when it comes to Vegas slot machines and casino entertainment. It offers some of the most exciting Vegas Slots of all time, including 50 Lions, Miss Kitty, and more.
- World Match: A world class online casinos that have been designing games since 2003. Casinos hosted by World Match include Slotty Vegas.
- Microgaming: This is the world’s largest online casino gaming software provider, currently offering over 500 games and assuring not less than 2 new titles per month.
- Net Entertainment: An award-winning software in the online casino industry, online casinos featuring NetEnt games have become the first choice for punters. It is the first developer to bring forth VR slot machine games such as the Gonzo’s Quest VR version.
- Playtech: One of the most prominent online gambling providers used by the biggest online casino brands worldwide. Playtech features the comprehensive game suits from Marvel slots to the advancing Baccarat.
Bonuses come in several categories depending on who the casino is looking to attract. The most popular bonus types are:
- No Deposit Bonuses
- The Welcome Casino Bonus or Sign up Bonus
- Free Spins Casino Bonuses
- Loyalty or VIP bonuses.
The England online casino industry has brought gambling directly into your home, opposing the need to go out searching for a casino. The next great leap forward came with the Smartphone. The Smartphone is itself revolutionary; for the casino industry, it gave the way forward to the mobile casino.
The mobile casino allows you to play the casino games of your choice directly from your device (smartphone/tablet). It offers a limitless potential not only to the player but also the casino operator. In England, you can play a mobile casino of your choice using one of the ways below:
- Instant play: This mode enables you to play without downloading the mobile casino app. You can open the casino in your mobile phone’s browser and log in to kick off playing.
- Download: The mobile casino app is hosted on the app store of the relevant mobile platform.
Most English casinos charge some fees for withdrawing your winnings, and it may go up to £100 depending on the casino and the payment option that you select. For the limits, some casinos have limits with the range between £10 and up to £10,000 a week while others have no limits. It is also mandatory that the withdrawal method is similar to deposit method to abide by anti-money laundering regulations. The RTP (Return to Player), tells you how much players are to be paid back over a given period of time. All legal casinos in England are publicly audited to confirm that the RTP is above board.
Our Take on England Casinos
Without question, betting sites in England offer a lot of perks, and if you follow our recommendations, you will have a blast with every minute that you spend playing. Feel free to share this overview with your fellow English punters so that you can all have an upper hand whenever you want to put your money where your mouth is in the lobby!