For all we know, Online gambling in China is strictly prohibited by the Chinese government. Despite all these strict laws against online gambling, there is one redeemable aspect left in one place for Chinese gamblers. The silver lining of this is the special administrative region of Hong Kong and Macau.
It’s a great relief for all Chinese gamers because the laws of Macau and Hong Kong permit gambling activities and in fact, Macau is one of the most popular betting regions across the globe. Consequently, gamblers from all over China travel to Macau to enjoy online casino games. And by the way, by 2016, the annual revenue from betting in Macau grossed to nearly $30 billion, effectively surpassing that of the Vegas Strip. Just to make things clear, however, while land-based gaming is prominent in native gaming houses, online gaming, on the other hand, is mostly done at offshore sites that accept Chinese gamers.
Popular Chinese Online Casino Games
The following are some of the most popular casino games played in online Chinese casinos.
- Sic Bo: This is a simple dice game where wagers are placed on the random outcome of the dice.
- Punto Banco: A baccarat offshoot which is common among the table games found in Macau online casinos.
- Pai Gow: This game is played with domino-style plates.
- Mahjong: It is a gambling game based on tiles played by four players and 144 tiles containing Chinese characters.
So, once you get started at a gaming site in China, the above are a few options that you can start enjoying right away.
Deposit Methods for Online Chinese Casinos
Some of the deposit methods that you are sure to find at a Chinese casino comprise the following:
- Credit/Debit Cards: The main cards accepted for depositing and cashing out include; Visa, MasterCard, JCM, OCBC, AmEx and Diners club.
- e-Wallets: Some of the Virtual e-wallets accepted in Chinese online casinos are; Neteller, PayPal, Skrill, Neteller and many more.
- Prepaid Vouchers: Chinese gamblers buy Prepaid voucher schemes like PaySafeCard or in stores and make deposits to online casinos in an instant.
- Bank/wire transfers: All Chinese casinos also accept deposits via direct wire transfers while some also accept internet banking methods such as Trustly.
- Bitcoin: Online gaming sites in China are also starting to accept Bitcoin as a form of making deposits and cashing out thanks to the recent popularity of cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Monero, Ethereum and Dash.
- Mobile payments: In China, mobile payment merchants are popular payment options that can be used to make deposits and cash out in online casinos. Some of the most popular are Alipay, WeChat and Apple Pay.
Software Providers for Chinese Online Casinos
In China, online casinos are powered by numerous popular software providers. In most cases, the same software providers that are popular in other parts of the world are also popular in China. Giving focus to the most prominent games like Pai Go, Sic Bo and Mahjong, some of the most dominant providers that you will find at online gaming sites accepting players from China are:
- Red Tiger Gaming
- Play N’ Go
- World Match
Bonuses Found in Chinese Online Casinos
In China, online casinos also offer lucrative promotions and bonuses just like many other casinos across the globe. Some of the most common promotions that you’ll come across include;
- Welcome Promotions. Welcome bonuses are commonly offered to players because the gaming sites want to have as many members as possible. So, after you have completed the sign-up process in a typical casino, the first deposit you will make will automatically activate the welcome offer, and it will be credited to your account. It may come as a matched deposit reward or a cashback reward.
- No Deposit Promotions. This kind of offer is given to the players who aren’t ready to risk their real money. Thanks to such an offer, you can start enjoying some of the games available at the lobby even before you load any deposit to your account.
- Other Popular Promotional Offers. There are other secondary offers which are equally as lucrative as the welcome promotions. You will encounter them as long as you keep gaming on occasion. They include loyalty points, VIP offers, reload bonuses and free spins on selected games.
So, once you become a member, watch out for any of the above promotions to make the most out of your Yuan.
Compatibility to Mobile Devices
In China, you will find that all the highest rated online casinos are accessible through all mobile devices such as smartphones and tablets. This was facilitated by the incorporation of no-download instant play gaming interfaces for smoother mobile operability. Besides, most casinos have a mobile app that can be downloaded to the devices for the users to play anywhere. The migration of online gaming to mobile was made even more efficient with the onset of mobile payment options like WeChat and Alipay.
Online Casinos Found in China
As we already indicated at the beginning of today’s post, online gambling activities in China are majorly done at offshore casinos. As such, plenty of online gambling sites have taken the initiative to accept Chinese gamers, with some even accepting the Yuan for loading and cashing out bankroll at the casino. However, in many cases, you will find that you may have to incur a currency conversion fee to play in Euro, the Sterling Pound or USD. For a thrilling gaming experience, try out the gaming sites below:
- Rizk Casino. This is a certified online casino with a wide-spread variety of slots and other casino games from numerous software providers. It offers instant-play games such are poker as well as all-time Chinese favourites like Pai Go and Baccarat.
- Royal Panda Casino. It is an instant-play casino that offers plenty of casino games and slot machine action. Bet365 is dedicated to giving its players the best gaming experience by being available in multiple languages including the Chinese language.
- Mr. Green Casino. A full instant-play interface casino being powered by top software providers. This gaming house offers its players a remarkable gaming experience in many different languages. Chinese gamers here can enjoy titles like Sic Bo, Baccarat and Slots in their native tongue.
Some of the withdrawal requirements that players must fulfil for most Chinese online casinos are:
- You cannot withdraw less than the minimum amount set by the casino or more than the maximum amount set by the casino.
- For you to withdraw, you must use accepted methods of withdrawal set by the casino.
- In case you want to withdraw winnings from any bonus you might have claimed, you must meet the wagering requirements first.
Best Slots to Play at China Online Casinos
Some of the most common slots played in Chinese casinos include Da Vinci diamonds, Gonzo’s quest, Monopoly, Cleopatra, Kitty Glitter, Zeus, Gladiator and Starburst.
In the online casino industry, mainland China is still catching up with the rest of the world to regulate their betting sites fully. Thankfully, the online gaming business in Hong Kong and Macau is booming and if you are looking for some fun in those regions, sign up at any of our recommended casinos to get started!